ERIC Number: ED413016
Record Type: Non-Journal
Publication Date: 1996-Jul
Reference Count: N/A
Graduates Summary, 1995-96.
Attinasi, Louis C., Jr.; Reece, Dee A.
Providing data on 1995-96 graduates and program completers from Pima Community College (PCC) in Arizona, this report presents tables showing the number and percentage of associate degrees, technical and advanced certificates, and basic certificates by type; by instructional program; by ethnicity; and by gender. Seven- and 10-year comparative data are also included. Highlighted findings include the following: (1) graduates and program completers earned 1,674 awards in 1995-96, with associate degrees constituting 59% of these awards, technical and advanced certificates, 14% and basic certificates, 27%; (2) minority students represented 31% of the total graduates, while women comprised 58%; (3) 21% of the graduates were Hispanic, 4% African-American, 4% Asian-American, and 2% Native American; (4) consistent annual declines in the total number of awards since 1991-92 resulted in the awarding of 14% fewer awards in 1995-96 than in 1991-92; (5) in 1995-96, the largest percentages of total degrees were awarded in general studies (36%), nursing (13%), and business administration (5%); (6) the largest percentages of advanced and technical certificates were awarded in practical nursing-articulating, practical nursing-non-articulating, and water technology (10% each); and (7) the most frequently awarded basic certificates were emergency medical technology (44%), nursing assistant (13%), and business administration (12%). Appendixes provide tables showing number and percent of degrees and certificates awarded by program, ethnicity, and gender. (ECF)
Descriptors: Associate Degrees, College Graduates, Community Colleges, Educational Certificates, General Education, Legal Education (Professions), Longitudinal Studies, Minority Groups, Nursing Education, Sex Differences, Statistical Distributions, Student Characteristics, Tables (Data), Technical Education, Two Year College Students, Two Year Colleges
Publication Type: Numerical/Quantitative Data; Reports - Research
Education Level: N/A
Authoring Institution: Pima Community Coll., Tucson, AZ. Office of Institutional Research.