ERIC Number: ED417620
Record Type: Non-Journal
Publication Date: 1996-Mar-31
Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan Report, 1993/4, 1994/5, 1995/6.
Commonwealth Secretariat, London (England).; Association of Commonwealth Universities, London (England).
This report on the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan covers participating countries of the British Commonwealth and provides statistics for the reporting years of April 1, 1993-March 31, 1994, April 1, 1994-March 31, 1995, and April 1, 1995-March 31, 1996. Trends noted in a brief narrative overview include: during April 1993-March 1996, 5,068 awards were granted in Britain, Canada, Australia, India, New Zealand, and other Commonwealth countries; most of these awards were scholarships (95 percent), while the remainder were fellowships (5 percent); in 1995-96 there was a decline in the overall number of awards held; 24 percent of Commonwealth scholars are over the age of 35; and women make up less than half the total number of Commonwealth scholars. Statistical tables include: scholarship nominations invited by the awarding countries; scholarship applications received in the nominating countries; applications received by awarding countries; new scholarships held in the awarding countries; scholarships by age and gender by awarding country; scholarships by course of study and subject of study by awarding country; scholarships by place of study by awarding country; trends during 1991-1996 in scholarship and fellowship awards. Appendices provide a list of 1998 Commonwealth scholarship agencies in 37 countries. (SW)
Descriptors: Awards, Fellowships, Financial Aid Applicants, Foreign Countries, Geographic Location, Higher Education, Scholarships, Student Characteristics, Trend Analysis
Commonwealth Secretariat, Education Department, Human Resource Development Division, Marlborough House, Pall Mall, London SW1Y 5HX, England, United Kingdom.
Publication Type: Numerical/Quantitative Data
Education Level: N/A
Authoring Institution: Commonwealth Secretariat, London (England).; Association of Commonwealth Universities, London (England).
Identifiers - Location: Australia; Canada; India; New Zealand; United Kingdom