NotesFAQContact Us
Search Tips
Publication Date
In 20190
Since 20180
Since 2015 (last 5 years)0
Since 2010 (last 10 years)0
Since 2000 (last 20 years)1
Publication Type
Reports - Descriptive1
Laws, Policies, & Programs
Pell Grant Program1
Assessments and Surveys
General Educational…1
What Works Clearinghouse Rating
Showing one result Save | Export
Walker, Karen – Education Partnerships, Inc., 2006
With the advent of "Get tough on crime" and "Three strikes" in the 1980s and 1990s, correctional facilities have become overloaded with prisoners who are often repeat offenders. 51% of those imprisoned have a GED or high school diploma. Out of the remaining 49%, 36% of inmates had not completed the ninth grade and approximately…
Descriptors: Correctional Education, Literacy, Recidivism, Community Colleges