NotesFAQContact Us
Search Tips
Back to results
ERIC Number: ED491179
Record Type: Non-Journal
Publication Date: 2006-Apr
Pages: 4
Abstractor: ERIC
No High School Diploma? You've Got Options! = No tienes un diploma de la escuela preparatoria? Tienes opciones!
If a student completes high school but is unable to graduate, there are still options. The student can still get a high school diploma whether he or she dropped out, failed the California High School Exit Exam, or did not have enough course credits. As many know, a high school diploma is a passport to a more interesting and better paying job. Those who do not complete high school will earn $270,000 less than high school graduates over their working lives, according to U.S. Census estimates. About 60% of 16- to 19-year-old dropouts are unemployed, according to a recent study. It is never too late. There are many ways outside of high school to get a diploma, its equivalent, or further education. This Q&A focuses on those options. [The Spanish version of this document is also included.]
EdSource, 520 San Antonio Road, Suite 200, Mountain View, CA 94040-1217. Tel: 650-917-9481; Fax: 650-917-9482.
Publication Type: Guides - General; Multilingual/Bilingual Materials; Reports - Descriptive
Education Level: Two Year Colleges
Audience: Students
Language: English
Sponsor: James G. Irvine Foundation, San Francisco, CA.
Authoring Institution: EdSource, Inc., Palo Alto, CA.
Identifiers - Location: California