NotesFAQContact Us
Collection
Advanced
Search Tips
Peer reviewed Peer reviewed
PDF on ERIC Download full text
ERIC Number: EJ962686
Record Type: Journal
Publication Date: 2011
Pages: 7
Abstractor: As Provided
Reference Count: 49
ISBN: N/A
ISSN: ISSN-1303-0485
Developing an Attitude Scale for the Profession of Physical Education Teaching (ASPPET)
Unlu, Huseyin
Educational Sciences: Theory and Practice, v11 n4 p2014-2020 Aut 2011
In this study, the development of a Likert-type attitude scale for the profession of physical education teaching (ASPPET) was aimed. The group of the study was consisted of totally 556 pre-service physical education teachers. In order to determine the structural validity of ASPPET, an exploratory and confirmative factor analyses were performed. A two-factor structure was determined as a result of the factor analysis. It was seen that while the first factor of the scale was consisted of positive and 13 items, the second factor was consisted of negative and 10 items. While the first factor explained 30.77% of the total variance and the second factor explained 23.30% of the total variance; it was seen that two lower factors explained 54.08% of the total variance together. The high adaptive values obtained as a result of the confirmative factor analysis showed that the two-factor structure of the scale was confirmed. Internal consistency coefficients of Cronbach alpha were calculated; it was determined as 90 for the first lower factor; 86 for the second lower factor and 88 for the whole scale. It was concluded that the scale, which was obtained from these findings, was a valid and reliable scale in measuring the attitude directed at the profession of physical education teaching.
Educational Consultancy, Ltd (EDAM). Kisikli Mh. Alemdag Cd. Yan Yol Sk., SBK Is Merkezi No:5 Kat:1, Uskudar-Istanbul, 34692 Turkey. Tel: +90-216-481-30-23; Fax: +90-216-481-31-36; e-mail: editor@edam.com.tr; Web site: http://www.edam.com.tr/estp.asp
Publication Type: Journal Articles; Reports - Research
Education Level: Higher Education
Audience: N/A
Language: English
Sponsor: N/A
Authoring Institution: N/A
Identifiers - Assessments and Surveys: Attitude Scale