NotesFAQContact Us
Search Tips
Peer reviewed Peer reviewed
Direct linkDirect link
ERIC Number: EJ826463
Record Type: Journal
Publication Date: 2007
Pages: 3
Abstractor: ERIC
Reference Count: 5
ISSN: ISSN-1094-9046
Obtaining Permission to Copy or Perform a Work, Part III, Revised 2006
Butler, Rebecca P.
Knowledge Quest, v35 n5 p62-64 May-Jun 2007
If school library media specialists are unable to find the owner of a work, how do they contact them for permission to use or copy their work? They can go to the publisher of the work for contact information. They can also go to an organization, such as an agency or royalty house, company, or clearinghouse that specializes in helping users obtain copyright clearance. Such a group, usually for a fee, will work with school library media specialists to obtain the proper clearance or license that they need to use a particular medium. This article presents some of the places that a school library media specialist may go online to obtain permissions.
American Association of School Librarians. Available from: American Library Association. 50 East Huron Street, Chicago, IL 60611. Tel: 1-800-545-2433; Web site:
Publication Type: Journal Articles; Reports - Descriptive
Education Level: N/A
Audience: N/A
Language: English
Sponsor: N/A
Authoring Institution: N/A