NotesFAQContact Us
Search Tips
Peer reviewed Peer reviewed
ERIC Number: EJ268541
Record Type: Journal
Publication Date: 1982
Pages: N/A
Abstractor: N/A
Reference Count: N/A
Who Should Provide Interpreters Under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act?
Orleans, Jeffrey H.; Smith, Mary Anne
Journal of College and University Law, v9 n2 p177-90 1982-83
Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 promises that colleges will provide auxiliary aids to hearing-impaired students including "signing" interpreters, and colleges and students can expect state vocational rehabilitation programs to pay for those aids. The uncertainty over who is to pay for interpreter services is discussed. (MLW)
Publication Type: Journal Articles; Legal/Legislative/Regulatory Materials; Opinion Papers
Education Level: N/A
Audience: N/A
Language: English
Sponsor: N/A
Authoring Institution: N/A
Identifiers - Laws, Policies, & Programs: Rehabilitation Act 1973 (Section 504)