NotesFAQContact Us
Collection
Advanced
Search Tips
Peer reviewed Peer reviewed
Direct linkDirect link
ERIC Number: EJ1004415
Record Type: Journal
Publication Date: 2013
Pages: 9
Abstractor: As Provided
Reference Count: 38
ISBN: N/A
ISSN: ISSN-1065-0741
ICT Readiness and Acceptance among TEVT Students in University of Malawi
Gombachika, Harry S. H.; Khangamwa, Gift
Campus-Wide Information Systems, v30 n1 p35-43 2013
Purpose: The paper examines the effects of ICT readiness dimensions on ICT acceptance among Technical, Entrepreneurial and Vocational Training (TEVT) students in the University of Malawi, using correlation and regression analyses. Design/methodology/approach: A cross-sectional survey was used with a sample of 125 respondents drawn from a population of 296 students pursuing TEVT-related programmes in the University of Malawi. Data were collected using a questionnaire based on Technology Readiness Index (TRI) and Technology Acceptance (TA) models. Findings: The findings show that technology readiness (TR) dimensions affect attitude towards ICT and that gender difference does not play a significant role on TR, attitude towards ICT and the relationship between TR and TA. Further, the findings show that TR dimensions explain only 33 per cent of the variations in TA. Research limitations/implications: Exploring further factors that explain the remaining 67 per cent of variations in attitude towards ICT could be an interesting area for further research. Originality/value: This study contributes towards technology transfer and diffusion discourses in a predominantly associative culture by explaining the extent of the effects of TR dimensions on TA. (Contains 5 tables.)
Emerald Group Publishing Limited. Howard House, Wagon Lane, Bingley, West Yorkshire, BD16 1WA, UK. Tel: +44-1274-777700; Fax: +44-1274-785201; e-mail: emerald@emeraldinsight.com; Web site: http://www.emeraldinsight.com
Publication Type: Journal Articles; Reports - Research
Education Level: Higher Education
Audience: N/A
Language: English
Sponsor: N/A
Authoring Institution: N/A
Identifiers - Location: Malawi