NotesFAQContact Us
Collection
Advanced
Search Tips
ERIC Number: ED569766
Record Type: Non-Journal
Publication Date: 2014
Pages: 130
Abstractor: As Provided
Reference Count: N/A
ISBN: 978-1-3039-6123-6
ISSN: N/A
Associate Degree Student Satisfaction with Academic Advising
Walleser, Diane K.
ProQuest LLC, Ed.D. Dissertation, Edgewood College
The purpose of this study was to identify the determinants of student satisfaction with associate degree academic advising satisfaction with Madison Area Technical College students. During spring of 2013 an electronic survey was conducted to collect data from credit students in the college's academic programs. A survey was sent to 14,776 full time and part time, degree-seeking students, and a total of 2,365 responded for a 16% participation rate. Students were surveyed on their perceptions of importance, expectation, and satisfaction of 12 academic advising functions. Students were, also, asked to rate their last advising experience. Very satisfied and satisfied respondents totaled 52% leaving 48% of students less than satisfied with their advising experience. Regressions were run using linear, ordinal, and logistic methods and a variable was created to measure the interaction of importance and expectation by multiplying the response values for each of the advising functions. The importance/expectation variable was a positive predictor of student satisfaction with academic advising. Additional findings showed that Liberal Arts Transfer students were generally less satisfied than their peers in other academic programs and white students were less satisfied than non-white peers. Other variables did not produce statistically significant results. [The dissertation citations contained here are published with the permission of ProQuest LLC. Further reproduction is prohibited without permission. Copies of dissertations may be obtained by Telephone (800) 1-800-521-0600. Web page: http://www.proquest.com/en-US/products/dissertations/individuals.shtml.]
ProQuest LLC. 789 East Eisenhower Parkway, P.O. Box 1346, Ann Arbor, MI 48106. Tel: 800-521-0600; Web site: http://www.proquest.com/en-US/products/dissertations/individuals.shtml
Publication Type: Dissertations/Theses - Doctoral Dissertations
Education Level: Two Year Colleges; Higher Education; Postsecondary Education
Audience: N/A
Language: English
Sponsor: N/A
Authoring Institution: N/A
Identifiers - Location: Wisconsin (Madison)