NotesFAQContact Us
Search Tips
ERIC Number: ED562041
Record Type: Non-Journal
Publication Date: 2014-Oct
Pages: 2
Abstractor: ERIC
Reference Count: N/A
Do You Need Money for College? Federal Student Aid at a Glance 2015-16
Federal Student Aid, US Department of Education
Federal student aid comes from the federal government--specifically, the U.S. Department of Education. It is money that helps a student pay for higher education expenses (i.e., college, career school, or graduate school expenses). Federal student aid covers such expenses as tuition and fees, room and board, books and supplies, and transportation. Aid also can help pay for a computer and for dependent care. There are three main categories of federal student aid: grants, work-study, and loans. Check with the specific school to find out which programs they participates in. The following information is presented in this document: (1) What is federal student aid?; (2) Who gets federal student aid?; (3) How do you apply for federal student aid?; and (4) A chart with Federal Student Aid Programs in 2015-16. [For the 2014-2015 edition of this report, see ED562040.]
Federal Student Aid, US Department of Education. Available from: ED Pubs. P.O. Box 1398, Jessup, MD 20794-1398. Tel: 800-730-8913; Tel: 319-337-5665; e-mail:; Web site:
Publication Type: Reports - Descriptive
Education Level: Higher Education; Postsecondary Education; Secondary Education; High Schools
Audience: N/A
Language: English
Sponsor: N/A
Authoring Institution: Federal Student Aid (ED)
Identifiers - Laws, Policies, & Programs: Pell Grant Program; Perkins Loan Program