NotesFAQContact Us
Search Tips
ERIC Number: ED542096
Record Type: Non-Journal
Publication Date: 2012-Oct
Pages: 2
Abstractor: ERIC
Do You Need Money for College? Federal Student Aid at a Glance 2013-14
Federal Student Aid, US Department of Education
Federal student aid comes from the federal government--specifically, the U.S. Department of Education. It's money that helps a student pay for higher education expenses (i.e., college, career school, or graduate school expenses). Federal student aid covers such expenses as tuition and fees, room and board, books and supplies, and transportation. Aid also can help pay for a computer and for dependent care. There are three main categories of federal student aid: grants, work-study, and loans. Check with your school to find out which programs your school participates in. Information about the federal student aid programs is presented in this document. [For the 2011-12 edition of this report, see ED513871.]
Federal Student Aid, US Department of Education. Available from: ED Pubs. P.O. Box 1398, Jessup, MD 20794-1398. Tel: 800-730-8913; Tel: 319-337-5665; e-mail:; Web site:
Publication Type: Reports - Descriptive
Education Level: Higher Education; Postsecondary Education
Audience: N/A
Language: English
Sponsor: N/A
Authoring Institution: Federal Student Aid (ED)