NotesFAQContact Us
Collection
Advanced
Search Tips
Peer reviewed Peer reviewed
Direct linkDirect link
ERIC Number: ED510458
Record Type: Non-Journal
Publication Date: 2008-Jul
Pages: 3
Abstractor: ERIC
Reference Count: N/A
ISBN: N/A
ISSN: N/A
The Design of Schools' Performance Incentive Programs in Texas: Findings from Year One of GEEG. Research Brief
National Center on Performance Incentives
A recent report published by the National Center on Performance Incentives (NCPI) presents findings from the first-year evaluation of the Governor's Educator Excellence Grant (GEEG) program, one of several statewide educator incentive programs in Texas. In this report, the authors provide an overview of 99 schools' locally designed educator incentive programs and the strategies used to identify highly effective teachers and other school personnel. Findings are based on systemic review of each school's state-approved application for the three-year GEEG program. Evaluators coded key features of program applications, including the performance measures used to evaluate teachers and the strategies schools used to identify highly effective teachers and school personnel. Considerable attention was given to how schools used (1) the required 75 percent of their grant to reward teachers, and (2) the remaining 25 percent for rewarding other personnel or for the implementation of professional growth activities. [This research brief describes work performed by the National Center on Performance Incentives and documented in Governor's Educator Excellence Grant (GEEG) Program: Year One Evaluation Report, by Matthew G. Springer, Michael J. Podgursky, Jessica L. Lewis, Mark W. Ehlert, Catherine Gardner, Bonnie Ghosh-Dastidar, Omar S. Lopez, Christine H. Patterson, and Lori L. Taylor.]
National Center on Performance Incentives. Peabody College of Vanderbilt University, PMB #43, 230 Appleton Place, Nashville, TN 37203. Tel: 615-322-5538; Fax: 615-322-6018; e-mail: ncpi@vanderbilt.edu; Web site: http://www.performanceincentives.org
Publication Type: Reports - Research
Education Level: N/A
Audience: N/A
Language: English
Sponsor: N/A
Authoring Institution: Vanderbilt University, National Center on Performance Incentives
Identifiers - Location: Texas
IES Funded: Yes
Grant or Contract Numbers: R305A060034