NotesFAQContact Us
Collection
Advanced
Search Tips
ERIC Number: ED482069
Record Type: Non-Journal
Publication Date: 1999-Aug
Pages: 35
Abstractor: N/A
Reference Count: N/A
ISBN: N/A
ISSN: N/A
An Analysis of Nova Southeastern University's Fall Term 1998 Faculty Matrix.
MacFarland, Thomas W.
Because the faculty has such a critical role in the accreditation process and to support management of human and physical resources, Nova Southeastern University has created a systematic information reporting process on faculty teaching activities. Each Center completed a matrix, the data from which are the basis of this report. This report summarizes information from the fall 1998 faculty matrix. A set of eight tables attached to the report highlights the fall 1998 faculty. Overall, the university employed a faculty of 1,421, included 22 full-time faculty who did not have assigned courses during the term. Approximately 39% of all faculty were full-time employees and the remaining 61% were employed on a part-time basis. Full-time employees of the university taught 50.8% of all fall 1998 course sections. Findings also show that approximately two-thirds of all faculty received their highest degree since 1980 and approximately 5% received their highest degree before 1970. Twenty-seven percent of the faculty had earned their highest degree at Nova Southeastern University. (SLD)
Publication Type: Reports - Evaluative
Education Level: N/A
Audience: N/A
Language: English
Sponsor: N/A
Authoring Institution: Nova Southeastern Univ., Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Research and Planning.