NotesFAQContact Us
Collection
Advanced
Search Tips
ERIC Number: ED452930
Record Type: Non-Journal
Publication Date: 2001-Jan
Pages: 20
Abstractor: N/A
Reference Count: N/A
ISBN: N/A
ISSN: N/A
Community College of Philadelphia Institutional Effectiveness, 2000: A College Report Card. IR Report #119.
Philadelphia Community Coll., PA. Office of Institutional Research.
This document discusses the institutional self-evaluation process at the Community College of Philadelphia (CCP), examining the college-wide performance indicators that measured CCP's effectiveness. Five broad areas of institutional effectiveness are covered in this report: workforce development; transfer preparation; student persistence, goal attainment, and assessment of collegiate experience; community outreach; and cost efficiency, resource usage, and resource development. Evaluation highlights include: (1) nearly 72% of 1999 career program graduates were working in jobs that were related to their studies and an additional 16% were working in jobs that were unrelated to their studies, elevating the overall employment rate for 1999 graduates to 88%; (2) more than half of all the college's graduates transfer to another higher education institution within eight months of graduation; (3) graduation rates for full-time (in first semester), college-ready students after five years were 17% in 1992 and 11% in 1995; (4) the college's student body reflects the demographic diversity of the City of Philadelphia and is the largest single point of entry into higher education for minorities in Pennsylvania--50% of students are black, 28% white, 15% Hispanic, and 7% Asian; and (5) in current dollars there has been an average annual increase of cost per student of 1.2%, but in real terms there has been a decrease per year of 1.7%. (JA)
Publication Type: Numerical/Quantitative Data; Reports - Descriptive
Education Level: N/A
Audience: N/A
Language: English
Sponsor: N/A
Authoring Institution: Philadelphia Community Coll., PA. Office of Institutional Research.