NotesFAQContact Us
Collection
Advanced
Search Tips
ERIC Number: ED432322
Record Type: Non-Journal
Publication Date: 1999-Apr
Pages: 203
Abstractor: N/A
Reference Count: N/A
ISBN: N/A
ISSN: N/A
Articulation Report, Florida State Board of Community Colleges.
Florida State Board of Community Colleges, Tallahassee.
This report presents descriptive headcount statistics for students enrolled in one of Florida's state university systems (SUS) during the 1994, 1995, and 1996 fall terms. These students were enrolled in one of Florida's 28 public community colleges before enrolling in a Florida university. In fall 1996 there was an enrollment increase of 1%, for a total of 66,547 students, over fall 1994. The percentage of female students also increased from 55% to 56%. White student enrollment decreased by 2.6%, while Black student enrollment increased by 1.4%, Hispanic by 0.7%, and Asian by 0.3%. Thirty-five percent of community college transfer students who enrolled in the SUS in the 1994 fall term were enrolled for the first time. The percentage decreases from in Fall 1995 and increased in Fall 1996. Slightly more than 81% of the students in fall 1996 transferred 60 semester units or more upon entrance, which is also a decrease from 1994. One table shows the distribution of students by university and the community college from which they transferred. A series of tables shows former community college students by number of units transferred. Numbers of students are displayed by major field of study and GPA. The final table compares transfer students with SUS native students, based on GPA and major field of study. Contains 16 tables. (AMA)
Publication Type: Numerical/Quantitative Data; Reports - Research
Education Level: N/A
Audience: N/A
Language: English
Sponsor: N/A
Authoring Institution: Florida State Board of Community Colleges, Tallahassee.