NotesFAQContact Us
Collection
Advanced
Search Tips
PDF pending restoration PDF pending restoration
ERIC Number: ED114158
Record Type: Non-Journal
Publication Date: 1975-May
Pages: 50
Abstractor: N/A
Reference Count: N/A
ISBN: N/A
ISSN: N/A
Freshman Profile, Entering Class: Fall 1974.
Martin, Peter B.
In fall 1974, Hostos Community College (HCC) participated in the national survey of college freshmen which is conducted annually by the Cooperative Institutional Research Program (CIRP) of the American Council on Education, and UCLA. The population served by Hostos Community College is, for the most part, comprised of economically disadvantaged, minority group members. The questionnaire was translated into Spanish by instructors at HCC, and 46.6 percent of the 523 HCC respondents completed the questionnaire in that language; the remaining 53.4 percent completed the questionnaire in English. The 523 participants represented 55.1 percent of the entering class. This document was compiled to compare the characteristics of HCC freshmen with the college freshman population generally. The survey results for HCC students are broken down into three categories: (1) first-time, full-time freshmen; (2) first-time, part-time freshmen; and (3) transfers. Information presented includes data on selected student characteristics (age, sex, high school background, marital status, financial status, ethnicity, religious preference, family background, and reasons for choosing HCC), aspirations and goals (academic and occupational), and concerns and attitudes. The Student Information Forms in English and Spanish are appended. (DC)
Publication Type: Reports - Research
Education Level: N/A
Audience: N/A
Language: N/A
Sponsor: N/A
Authoring Institution: Hostos Community Coll., Bronx, NY.