NotesFAQContact Us
Collection
Advanced
Search Tips
ERIC Number: ED100431
Record Type: Non-Journal
Publication Date: 1974
Pages: 62
Abstractor: N/A
Reference Count: N/A
ISBN: N/A
ISSN: N/A
Community College Finances, 1974-75.
New Jersey State Dept. of Higher Education, Trenton.
This report was prepared to assist the New Jersey Board of Higher Education in allocating state appropriations to community colleges. The selected financial data and related nonfinancial data describing the fiscal operation of community colleges as projected for 1974-75 are summarized. The paper is organized around five topics: Costs in Perspective, Allocation of Resources, Sources of Revenue, Enrollment Data and Output Measures, and Facilities and Capital Data. New Jersey's community colleges have experienced dramatic growth over the 6-year period 1969-75 in both enrollments (290 percent) and operating costs (400 percent), and in the years 1973-75, costs have far exceeded enrollments. This and other trends are expected to continue. More money will be allocated to physical plant and general expense, less to instruction. While student tuition will continue at 25 percent of educational costs, the remaining 75 percent is shifting from the state to the counties. More students will enroll in career programs and elect to study part-time. Expansion of facilities will reflect the moderate enrollment growth now being experienced. Data is presented throughout the study in tabulated form. (Author/MJK)
Publication Type: Numerical/Quantitative Data
Education Level: N/A
Audience: N/A
Language: N/A
Sponsor: N/A
Authoring Institution: New Jersey State Dept. of Higher Education, Trenton.
Identifiers - Location: New Jersey