NotesFAQContact Us
Search Tips
ERIC Number: ED055583
Record Type: Non-Journal
Publication Date: 1971-Aug
Pages: 60
Abstractor: N/A
Reference Count: N/A
Follow-Up Study of Santa Fe Junior College Graduates 1968-1970.
Santa Fe Community Coll., Gainesville, FL.
Characteristics, experiences, attitudes, and present status of 1968-70 Santa Fe Junior College (SFJC) graduates were determined along with existing differences between those now attending school full-time and those not doing so. A questionnaire was mailed to 1202 graduates; 666 (55%) responded. The results concentrate on four areas: demographic information, experiences at SFJC, student attitudes, and present status. Both the present activities of the graduates and how much their Santa Fe experiences contribute to the activities are explored. Regarding the present status of the graduates, 65% are currently attending school as full-time students; of the remaining 35%, most are working full-time. Differences between these two groups exist in the categories of age, marital status, pre-Santa Fe status, method of financing education, number of hours worked per week, type and length of enrollment, understanding of the X grade, and sources of help with student problems. Following a discussion and summary of the results, the paper ends with a list of recommendations suggested by the analyzed data. (Author/AL)
Publication Type: N/A
Education Level: N/A
Audience: N/A
Language: N/A
Sponsor: N/A
Authoring Institution: Santa Fe Community Coll., Gainesville, FL.
Identifiers - Location: Florida