NotesFAQContact Us
Collection
Advanced
Search Tips
Back to results
Peer reviewed Peer reviewed
PDF on ERIC Download full text
ERIC Number: EJ1193588
Record Type: Journal
Publication Date: 2018-Jul
Pages: 10
Abstractor: As Provided
ISBN: N/A
ISSN: ISSN-2087-8885
The Mathematical Argumentation Ability and Adversity Quotient (AQ) of Pre-Service Mathematics Teacher
Hidyat, Wahyu; Wahyudin; Prabawanto, Sufyani
Journal on Mathematics Education, v9 n2 p239-248 Jul 2018
The Mathematical argumentation has been studied before, but no research has a focus on mathematical argumentation and adversity quotient of the pre-service mathematics teacher. This study is experimental research that aims to know and examine in depth about the influence of AQ of pre-service mathematics teacher toward the achievement of mathematical argument ability. The population of this study is the pre-service mathematics teacher in Cimahi City, West Java, Indonesia; while the sample is 60 pre-service mathematics teachers selected purposively. The instruments of this study are tests and non-tests. They are based on the assessment of good characteristics towards students' mathematical argumentation abilities, while the non-test instrument is based on the assessment of good characteristics towards AQ. The results of this research show that: (1) AQ gives positive influence to the development of mathematical argumentation ability of pre-service mathematics teacher with the influence of 60.2%, while the rest of it (39.8%) is influenced by other factors outside AQ; (2) The ability of mathematical argumentation of pre-service mathematics teacher is more developed on AQ of Climber type; (3) Students with the Quitter AQ type still tend to have less ability of mathematical argumentation.
Indonesian Mathematical Society. Jl. Padang Selasa 524, Palembang, South Sumatra 30139, Indonesia. Tel: +618-127-106777; Fax: +627-113-20310; Web site: http://ejournal.unsri.ac.id/index.php/jme/issue/view/408
Publication Type: Journal Articles; Reports - Research
Education Level: Higher Education
Audience: N/A
Language: English
Sponsor: N/A
Authoring Institution: N/A
Identifiers - Location: Indonesia