Are you ready to submit an education-related paper to ERIC? Here are a few guidelines to follow as you prepare your document for online submission.
Before getting started, please have the following prepared:
- Cover page
ERIC requires the following identifying information on the first page of your document:
- Author name(s) (institutional affiliation is optional)
- Publication date (or date of document completion)
- Conference information for conference papers (name, date and location of the conference)
- Grant/contract information (number and name of sponsoring program) if funded by or produced on behalf of the U.S. Department of Education
- Final Version of the Document
Be sure your document is ready for review:
- Verify that all editing is complete, editing marks are removed, and “track changes” (Word) is turned off.
- Remove personally identifying information about research participants such as names, Social Security numbers, or addresses. For privacy reasons, this information may not be included.
- Remove your CV or resume if it is appended or included in the document.
- Make sure the document file, including the cover page, is in the format of .pdf, .txt, .doc, or .rtf (see Submission
Prepare a narrative or structured abstract summarizing your
Narrative Abstract Guidelines
Structured Abstract Guidelines).
- File containing your submission
- If you have multiple files to submit, use WinZip or StuffIt to create one file. If the document is split into multiple files (e.g. index, chapters, appendices, etc.), it will be reassembled into a single PDF file; use clear and distinct file names indicating the correct order in which the files should be assembled.
- Optional supplementary files, such as PowerPoint slides and data spreadsheets, are acceptable only
as appendices to the complete text of your paper or report.