From November 1966 through July 2004, ERIC indexed more than 470,000 documents, reproducing most of them on microfiche with copyright-owner permission. This effort generated nearly 650,000 microfiche, requiring significant storage capacity by libraries that acquired the collection. As the result of a phased effort, the complete ERIC Microfiche Collection is now archived in a digital format. ERIC currently provides online access to more than 300,000 of these documents, either with copyright-owner permission or due to their public-domain status.
Many librarians are seeking to reallocate their use of space. ERIC has responded by providing various lists to support ERIC microfiche management or "weeding" efforts. These lists include keep lists, pull lists (including Online Release lists of newly released accession numbers), and a list of microfiche for which ERIC's rights to display full text have been rescinded by the copyright holder.
- The keep and pull lists incorporate any changes in status announced in the online release and rescinded rights lists
- Microfiche with accession numbers lower than 010000 were excluded from the ERIC Digitization Project and therefore should be retained.
ERIC keep lists identify microfiche corresponding to documents that are not available online. These microfiche were produced during the period 1966-2004 and they fall within accession number range ED010000-ED348465.
The pull lists identify ERIC microfiche that can be removed from ERIC microfiche collections. Pull lists include microfiche associated with documents released with permission, existing in the public domain, and other types of fiche that do not need to be retained.
- The following lists include microfiche produced 1993-2004, and available online with permission granted in the original submission:
- The lists below are made up of microfiche produced 1966-1992 and available online as the result of the ERIC Microfiche Digitization Project:
- Although the digitization project has concluded, ERIC continues to accept copyright-holder permissions for electronic release. The following lists indicate documents subsequently released:
- Several smaller sets of ERIC microfiche have been identified that are appropriate for weeding. They are described below:
||This is not an all-inclusive list of ERIC Digests. These are digests that were released on the ERIC website in 2004 and therefore were not included in pull lists related to the Digitization Project. These digests were produced from 1982-1992.
||These microfiche were used as placeholders for Level 3 "indexed-only" documents from 1989-2004. These are unnecessary in current collections.
|RIE COM Index
||Between 1979 and 2002, ERIC produced monthly compilations of documents indexed each month. These microfiche are unnecessary in current collections.
Copyright owners have the right to rescind dissemination permission. The list of Rescinded Rights Documents
is provided for general information. The keep and pull lists, above, have been updated (as of March 2011) to reflect any changes in status. These documents remain in the index, but full text cannot be displayed.