NotesFAQContact Us
Search Tips
ERIC Number: ED061893
Record Type: RIE
Publication Date: 1972
Pages: 12
Abstractor: N/A
Reference Count: 0
Black Student Enrollment at the University of Maryland, College Park. 1968-1971.
Brooks, Glenwood C.; Sedlacek, William E.
This document reports the fall 1971 racial census at the University of Maryland. The results of the census indicate that: (1) black students comprised 4% of the fall 1971 total student body enrollment; (2) black undergraduate students comprised 4% of the total undergraduate student body; (3) black graduate students comprised 5% of the total graduate student body; (4) black freshmen comprised 9% of the total new freshmen class; (5) most of the black undergraduate students are enrolled in the College of Arts and Sciences and carry a general major; (6) the majority of black undergraduates are from Baltimore City and most of the black graduate students are from Washington, D.C.; (7) more black graduate students are married and carry part-time course loads than black undergraduate students; and (8) black females and males are distributed about evenly between undergraduate and graduate students. Data on other minority groups are also reported. (Author/HS)
Publication Type: N/A
Education Level: N/A
Audience: N/A
Language: N/A
Sponsor: N/A
Authoring Institution: Maryland Univ., College Park. Cultural Study Center.
Identifiers: N/A